[bitbake-devel] Not building python socketmodule.c with openssl 1.0.2h

Jeff Hatch jhatch at multitech.com
Wed Oct 5 13:57:50 UTC 2016

I am seeing an issue where we upgraded the openssl bitbake recipes to
build and install openssl 1.0.2h in a higher layer than the base
openembedded layer which was building openssl 1.0.1m.  After this was
done, the build of python 2.7.3 stopped building the socketmodule.c and
ssl was not integrated into python.  For example, the httplib object no
longer has a reference for the HTTPSConnection object.  I have spent
some time digging around and cannot find anything that makes sense as to
why this is happening.  Is there anyone that has enough Python knowledge
to know what might be causing this, or has run into this already and
fixed it?

We are a little behind on Yocto (Daisy), but I don't know that that
should be a problem.

Thank You,

--
Jeff Hatch