[bitbake-devel] Eclipse: Yocto Image build and Remote debugg

nitish jha nitishjha16 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:55:26 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I am facing some Issues in Remote debugging of yocto image

Steps I have done:

1) Installing eclipse with CDT plugins,ADT, RSE and TCF plugin
2) Making a project in eclipse using Bitbake Commander
3) Creating a custom image using HOB by adding some custom layers.
4) Running Image on QEMU
5) Creating an sdk and extracting sysroot
6) Configuring Image and Sysroot in Eclipse Yocto ADT settings.
7) Creating a TCF Connection and providing this connection to c++ remote
application

But launch fails by saying that this is not valid C++ project

I have following questions regarding this

1) I understand this is not a c++ project as it is created by Bitbake
commander but How I will be able to debug the code I have added in my image.
2) When I use new TCF instance in Debug Configuration its not detecting
automatically my QEMU which is running my image.

Can anybody help me in debugging Software I have installed in my image as
extra layer by any ways i.e. TCF debugging/Eclipse remote application
debugging.

Thanks in advance.

--
*Nitish Jha*