[bitbake-devel] bitbake urllib usage is buggy

jc chaujohnthan at 163.com
Mon Dec 11 14:18:08 UTC 2017

I have downloaded a lot of bitbake tarballs, but none worked out of
Thr box, after serveral twists, i came to urllib import problem.

I have compiled python 2.7.5, 3.4.0 as well, but bitbake seems mixed p3 p2 up.
Somewhere it says py2 needed, others need py3.

How come this package been used for quite a while, still so buggy?

I stick to this bitbake, bcz these arm linux package management are not a trival task,
But now, i think, if this tool is buugy, the other packages of tons would end up
Buggy too. What should i do?

I need help, to get a workable bitbake for standardized py2 or py3,

Tia
Johnthan chau

Ps, i work on slackware 12 x64, have a imx6q qt5 project undertaking.