[bitbake-devel] need help to write a recipe to link a static library to my application

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 22:42:59 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Viditha Murahari
<viditha at mpconsultants.org> wrote:
> I'm new to yocto and bitbake and I'm building a voip application for a
> custom imx6 board. I want to use  pjsip libraries to build my application, I
> have compiled pjsip in my yocto build and generated pjsip libraries ( all
> pjsip libraries r static). I'm having issues building a recipe for my
> application that calls the pjsip functions. Below is how my recipe looks
>

> Filename: rttapp.bb
>
> DESCRIPTION = "Simple voip application"
> SECTION = "examples"
> LICENSE = "MIT"
> LIC_FILES_CHKSUM
> ="file://${COMMON_LICENSE_DIR}/MIT;md5=0835ade698e0bcf8506ecda2f7b4f302"
> PR = "r1"
>
> SRC_URI += "file://rttapp.c"
> SRC_URI += "file://include"
> SRC_URI += "file://lib"
>
> S = "${WORKDIR}"
>
> CFLAGS_prepend += "-I${WORKDIR}/include -DPJ_AUTOCONF=1 -DPJ_IS_BIG_ENDIAN=0
> -DPJ_IS_LITTLE_ENDIAN=1"
> LDFLAGS_append += "-L${WORKDIR}/lib -lpjsua2-arm-poky-linux-gnueabi -lstdc++
> -lpjsua-arm-poky-linux-gnueabi -lm -lrt -lpthread -lasound"
>
> do_compile() {
> ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} rttapp.c -o rttapp

Try splitting this into two commands. First compile rttapp.c to
rttapp.o and then link the final application as a second step. When
linking the application, ensure that rttapp.o is listed on the command
line before the libraries which provide the symbols it requires.