[bitbake-devel] Overriding bitbake functions

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 7 06:26:31 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 9:16:02 AM CEST vijaikumar k wrote:
> I need to override an append function in bitbake. Just wondering if
> there is a way to do it.
>
> do_configure()
> do_configure_append()
> do_configure_append_mymachine()
>
> I want to replace/override do_configure_append() with
> do_configure_append_mymachine(). Is this possible? I do not want to
> disturb do_configure and do_configure_append function. All the
> functions are in the same bb file.

_append operations stack up, they can't override eachother, so if MACHINE is
"mymachine" then the final do_configure that gets executed will consist of
do_configure, do_configure_append, and do_configure_append_mymachine. You
should set the contents of those accordingly.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton