[bitbake-devel] Releases of BitBake to package for Fedora?

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 11:58:08 UTC 2017

Hey all,

I'm looking reintroduce BitBake into Fedora, but it seems like there
hasn't been releases in two years. I also cannot identify anywhere
that provides tarballs of BitBake to package.

The Fedora package previously referenced snapshot tarballs generated
by tagged releases in OE Git, but there haven't been new tagged
releases in two years.

I'd previously asked this on oe-core ML and was redirected to
bitbake-devel, so apologies to cross-list subs. But it was also
pointed out there that apparently BitBake has moved to a model where
they don't have stable points of releases, which seems rather odd for
a tool that is used by more than OpenEmbedded.