[bitbake-devel] Integration of FMAC(Orga) Driver into Yocto Environment - regarding

Jameel Valai Kareem jameel.kareem at murata.com
Fri Nov 10 18:17:45 UTC 2017

Hello Everyone,
 I am  currently working on the creation of new MACHINE type for addressing the Cypress Broadcom FMAC driver release<https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-14056> ( attached for your reference).
As part of the initial steps, I am ensuring that, we have necessary recipes tested, so that, it can added to the new MACHINE type along with the new layer "meta-murata-wireless"
I was able to get the wpa-supplicant and hostapd recipe into the Yocto setup.

I need your help in resolving a problem related to native make when using the Backport Tools.

Backport Tools:

FMAC driver uses Backport Tool (v4.12-backports) to generate the necessary .ko files, namely (compat.ko, brcmfmac.ko, brcmutil.ko and cfg80211.ko)

In the Readme file, 2nd step under the Section : "Build the cypress driver/backports modules" is to

-        (Native) compile local tools and generate .config without sourcing Yocto tool chain settings.

make KLIB=$MY_KERNEL KLIB_BUILD=$MY_KERNEL defconfig-brcmfmac

Problem Description:

I don't know how to use the native make in the do_compile( ) function in backportcypress_1.0.bb ( attached for your reference), as Yocto uses tool chain settings.
              I get the following error message, when I compile backportcypress_1.0.bb recipe.

Compiling:

| Generating local configuration database from kernel ... done.

| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7ve -mfpu=neon  -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=/home/jameel/project/task22-yocto-6ul-evk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/imx6ulevk/tmp/sysroots/imx6ulevk -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer   -c -o conf.o conf.c

| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7ve -mfpu=neon  -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=/home/jameel/project/task22-yocto-6ul-evk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/imx6ulevk/tmp/sysroots/imx6ulevk -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer   -c -o zconf.tab.o zconf.tab.c

| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7ve -mfpu=neon  -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=/home/jameel/project/task22-yocto-6ul-evk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/imx6ulevk/tmp/sysroots/imx6ulevk -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed  conf.o zconf.tab.o   -o conf

| ./kconf/conf: 1: ./kconf/conf: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

| Makefile.real:41: recipe for target 'defconfig-brcmfmac' failed

| make[1]: *** [defconfig-brcmfmac] Error 2

| Makefile:40: recipe for target 'defconfig-brcmfmac' failed

| make: *** [defconfig-brcmfmac] Error 2

| WARNING: exit code 2 from a shell command.

Could you please let me know how to generate the .config file by using native make, instead of oe_runmake in Yocto setup?.

Thanks and Regards,
Jameel Basha

CONFIDENTIALITY: This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged.Unless you are the intended addressee (or authorized to receive for the intended addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender at Murata by reply email and delete the message.