[bitbake-devel] Bitbake npm fetcher goes into infinite loop

Böszörményi Zoltán zboszor at pr.hu
Fri Feb 2 17:08:04 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have found a node module (cli-color) whose dependencies
seem to contain a circular dependency among themselves
and the do_fetch phase goes into an infinite loop:

DEBUG: Calling getdeps on d
DEBUG: Running export PATH="..."; export HOME="/home/zboszormenyi"; npm view d@'1' --json
--registry http://registry.npmjs.org/
DEBUG: Calling getdeps on es5-ext
DEBUG: Running export PATH="..."; export HOME="/home/zboszormenyi"; npm view
es5-ext@'^0.10.9' --json --registry http://registry.npmjs.org/
DEBUG: Calling getdeps on es6-symbol
DEBUG: Running export PATH="..."; export HOME="/home/zboszormenyi"; npm view
es6-symbol@'~3.1.1' --json --registry http://registry.npmjs.org/
DEBUG: Calling getdeps on d

I am using Yocto 2.4 that reports using Bitbake 1.36:
BB_VERSION           = "1.36.0"

I am happy to test patches that fix this.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán Böszörményi