[bitbake-devel] expand after getVar

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Wed Jun 6 22:44:44 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-06-06 at 14:53 -0700, Andre McCurdy wrote:
> Is the following expression from trusted_network():
>
>   d.expand(d.getVar('PN', False))
>
> completely equivalent to:
>
>   d.getVar('PN")
>
> or is there something subtle going on?

I suspect that expression started out as d.expand(d.getVar('PN')) when
getVar() had expand=False by default, and it gained the explicit False
through some mechanical transformation at a later date when the default
was removed.  So yes, nowadays it's just equivalent to getVar().

There's probably more of this stuff in there.

p.