[bitbake-devel] Forcing a task to run depending on the output of a python script?

Becker Béla bela at becker.rocks
Tue May 15 13:11:07 UTC 2018

Replying to myself because I figured it out.

If you ever need such functionality, just add a git type SRC_REV pointing to your local repo with the "usehead" option set, and use AUTOREV.

e.g.
    SRC_URI = "git://${THISDIR}/../..;usehead=1;bareclone=1"
    SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"

"${THISDIR}/../.." looks dirty, but unfortunately ${LAYERDIR} is unavailable outside layer.conf

Cheers to everyone. I hope somebody will find this useful.