[bitbake-devel] Add files supporting bash completion for bitbake tools

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Sep 5 17:28:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-09-05 at 19:24 +0200, Łukasz Gardoń wrote:
> Richard, may I ask You kindly help here to decide if such files
> should be stored in bitbake repository ?

My initial reaction is what the upstream policy for bash completions
is?

We don't tend to install bitbake as a traditional programme so users
will probably struggle to access these if they're in bitbake. If they
were in upstream bash-completion, it would likely make for a better
experience.

So I'd probably ask upstream as that is probably the preferred
location. If they won't take them for some reason, bitbake would be a
second choice.

Cheers,

Richard