[bitbake-devel] [OE-core] RFC: exposing information about the SRC_URI(s)/branch via buildhistory (or similar mechanism)

Mikko.Rapeli at bmw.de Mikko.Rapeli at bmw.de
Fri Aug 2 07:37:43 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 04:51:38PM +0000, chris.laplante--- via Openembedded-core wrote:
<snip>
> I'm interesting in adding SRC_URI support to buildhistory (or a similar mechanism), and would like to get some input.

Yes to this.

Also would be nice if there was an easy way to add bitbake variables to
buildhistory.

I've patched our tree so that SRC_URI, LICENSE and CVE_PRODUCT are archived
in buildhistory. SRC_URI has many uses and changes and patches can
be easily identified. Same with LICENSE, any changes trigger a review.
CVE_PRODUCT is exported so that we can do QA check to make sure mapping
from CVE_PRODUCT for non CLOSED licenses exists to NVD database product
names (maintaining a white list of recipes which don't have any CVEs yet).

We've also changed the SDK name to be stable across builds and added
DISTRO to the path. In our case IMAGE_NAME and SDK_NAME will include
git tree tag and hash if tree is dirty, which changes buildhistory SDK paths
for every build with different input.

I could submit the patches if there is interest in them.

Cheers,

-Mikko