[bitbake-devel] [yocto] No Package Provides /bin/awk

Wayne Li waynli329 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:43:46 UTC 2019

Sorry I am fairly new to bitbake.  How do I apply a patch?  Why do I have
to apply a patch as opposed to just editing corresponding files (I know
that is probably a dumb question but again I am very new to bitbake)?  Khem
Raj did mention a patch to fix the problem:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto/commit/?id=8af11c1cdd8fa08217e702b57cf96e9030db52b2

Would I be able to somehow take the patch from that website and apply it to
my project?  Though I'd like to mention again it seems like that patch is
trying to change  "#!/bin/awk -f" to "#!/usr/bin/awk -f" in the ver_linux
file.  But the ver_linux files in my project look very different from the
ver_linux file in the patch (see example of my ver_linux file:
https://gist.github.com/WayneZhenLi/c7475cf382a80bfd2de31e82c40c1677) and
has "#!/bin/sh" for its #! line instead.  In that case, would the patch
Khem Raj mentioned even work for my project?  Again I'm new to bitbake so I
apologize for my questions being naive.