[bitbake-devel] nativesdk dependencies on shared packages

Oleksiy Obitotskyi -X (oobitots - GLOBALLOGIC INC at Cisco) oobitots at cisco.com
Tue Oct 15 09:01:24 UTC 2019

Hi,

In case previous mail was omitted.

Regards,

Oleksiy

________________________________
From: bitbake-devel-bounces at lists.openembedded.org <bitbake-devel-bounces at lists.openembedded.org> on behalf of Oleksiy Obitotskyi -X (oobitots - GLOBALLOGIC INC at Cisco) via bitbake-devel <bitbake-devel at lists.openembedded.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 14:23
To: bitbake-devel at lists.openembedded.org
Cc: Taras Kondratiuk (takondra); Ruslan Bilovol -X (rbilovol - GLOBALLOGIC INC at Cisco)
Subject: [bitbake-devel] nativesdk dependencies on shared packages

Hi,

We have situation when MACHINE value change affect nativesdk packages (thud but the same situation was on krogoth).

MACHINE="x86" bitbake nativesdk-<package> -> build package and dependencies x86
MACHINE="x86-64" bitbake nativesdk-<package> -> build package and dependencies for x86-64
and finally
MACHINE="x86" bitbake nativesdk-<cpackage> -> a lot of setscene functons executed for nativesdk packages

MACHINE value affects BASELIB. For x86-64 we override BASELIB = lib64.
For x86 BASELIB = lib. baselib for cross/natviesdk ramains unchanged (lib).

# $BASELIB
#   set <>/openembedded-core/meta/conf/bitbake.conf:12
#     "lib"
# pre-expansion value:
#   "lib"
BASELIB="lib"

# $BASELIB [2 operations]
#   set <>/openembedded-core/meta/conf/bitbake.conf:12
#     "lib"
#   set <>/x86-64-platforms.inc:22
#     "lib64"
# pre-expansion value:
#   "lib64"
BASELIB="lib64"

Tracking dependencies shows that nativesdk-<package> depends on gcc-crosssdk which depend on
shared gcc-source package. And gcc-source tasks hash values (starting from from gcc-source.do_patch) are different for
x86 and x86-64 (due to baselib), so nativesdk-<package> task stamp signature deps part depends on gcc-source tasks hash

and also become different if we change MACHINE.

Technically  it can be fixed with tweaking sstate_rundepfilter - but it's not generic solution.

Is there any way to avoid rebuilding nativesdk packages that depend on shared packages (e.g. gcc-source)?

Regards,

Oleksiy