[bitbake-devel] Using gitsm fetcher and PREMIRROR

Konrad Scherer Konrad.Scherer at windriver.com
Tue Oct 29 14:50:12 UTC 2019

On 10/27/19 10:34 PM, Christopher Larson wrote:
> Don’t have time for a full reply at the moment, I’ll take a look in the morning, but I did want to note
> that git2_boringssl.googlesource.com.boringssl.tar.gz is a full git mirror tarball as generated by
> BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS, and the premirrors fetching will download and use them if you want to skip the
> git-http-backend approach entirely. They are *not* shallow in any way. Only gitshallow_*.tar.gz are shallow tarballs.

Thanks for the response and the clarification. I got confused by the mention of shallow clones in the error message.

Any idea why the gitsm fetcher seems to depend on the mirror tarballs and doesn't recreate them from the available git
repository?

Thank you!

--
Konrad Scherer, MTS, Linux Products Group, Wind River