[Openembedded-architecture] Layer compatibility markup proposal

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Fri Jun 2 22:36:52 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 04:59:25PM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> I agree 100% with Philip and Denys; but are either of you suggesting
> we shouldn't implement this as a result of what you've mentioned (I
> don't think so)?
>
> Even though your points are 100% spot-on, I still think we should go
> ahead with the proposal. I just want to make sure your comments don't
> dissuade the implementation if that wasn't your intent.

I'm not suggesting doing nothing at all - something is better than nothing.

But I'm wondering out-loud about the problem in a bigger picture - maybe we
are moving too fast implementing major features and breaking APIs and are too
eager obsoleting old ones? And not just APIs, but "ways" of doing things in
general - we often come up with a better new way for something...

--
Denys