[Openembedded-architecture] [OE-core] OE-Core python minimum version requirement

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Wed Dec 4 21:07:30 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 05:45:03PM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> I just enabled hashequiv's server in local mode by default in poky.
>
> This causes an unintended side effect of requiring python 3.5 as the
> minimum version.
>
> We had thought that the servers would be 'rare' and a 3.5 version
> requirement for that was fine. It turns out a local server is also
> extremely useful.
>
> The code needed the python 3.5 async support and trying to write it any
> other way is a nightmare, we need that performance for the server.
>
> At this point I think we just give in and require python 3.5 as a
> minimum. Any objections?

A quick check on packages.ubuntu.com says 16.04 is on python 3.5.1,
18.04 is on 3.6.something.

Hence, looks good to me.

Greetz

> Cheers,
>
> Richard
>
> --

———————————————
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548