[Openembedded-architecture] Yocto support for Centos-7 (RHEL-7): drop in early 2020?

Diego Santa Cruz Diego.SantaCruz at spinetix.com
Fri Dec 13 15:46:36 UTC 2019

The setup is not difficult, I could manage to write something up in Feb., before that it will be difficult to set time aside.

But if the system's glibc on CentOS 7 causes problems then that's another story, as to the best of my knowledge there is no scl (nor any equivalent concept) for that.

> > In our case we are using devtoolset-8 with Yocto thud on CentOS 7 with
> success, as some layers require a recent host gcc to build.
> >
> it certainly means extra work for setup etc and scl is interactive, so
> perhaps if its described clearly how one can use it that might help
> end users.

Well, scl is not necessary interactive, although it is generally presented like that. But in any case it remains easier than updating existing systems to CentOS 8 ;-)

--
Diego Santa Cruz, PhD
Technology Architect