[Openembedded-architecture] Incorporating deploy artefacts from one multiconfig in another multiconfig

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Feb 23 10:44:43 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-02-21 at 20:09 -0500, Rich Persaud wrote:
> > On Feb 21, 2019, at 18:51, Richard Purdie <
> > richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Multiconfig is meant to support this workflow. Unfortunately there
> > are
> > open bugs and people haven't the time to work on it so its stalled.
> > That said, the key pieces are already there.
> >
> > A picture is worth a thousand words. I thought a demo might
> > interest
> > people and "prove" this can work.
>
> Thank you for the patches and PoC.  We will test and are motivated to
> see this work.

Just to follow up, I've cleaned up the patches, they're now just fixes
to bitbake and are done generically so we shouldn't have to patch the
various BB_TASKDEPDATA users. They're on the bitbake-devel list and
queued in master-next.

This should mean multiconfig looks better in 2.7. I'm going to try and
get a patch to add some tests/example too.

Could anyone who's previously reported issues (Armin?) retest with
these and confirm the issues seen have been fixed please?

Cheers,

Richard