[OE-core] [poky] Early image startup

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Apr 8 14:17:45 UTC 2011

On 04/08/2011 08:07 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 04/08/2011 08:01 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> To be honest that sounds like a more fundamental problem as if the user
>>> cares which rtc should be rtc0, there are other ordering constraints
>>> being imposed such as a symlink to the "best" rtc device...
>>
>> Indeed, this patch did not help my situation at all.
>>
>> I think my problem is that of post-install package scripts (hence
>> 'Configuring ...') not being run until quite late.
>
> Looking at the pre-run image, I see that there is /etc/rcS.d/S98configure
> which runs these scripts. Is there any reason I can't move it earlier?

Found it:
   ipk systems - meta/recipes-devtools/opkg/opkg_0.1.8.bb
   rpm systems - meta/classes/rootfs_rpm.bbclass

Note: the ipk version is quasi-configurable, the rpm version hardwired at 98.
Since these are package install scripts, which presumable could have been run
at image creation time but needed to run on the target hardware, why put it
off to so late?  I would think that this should be done _first_, not _last_