[OE-core] Is BBCLASSEXTEND in .bbappend supposed to work?

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Mon Apr 18 10:55:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

Martin did some Xorg cleanup in meta-oe today and we're seeing some strange behaviour.  The recipe in question:

koen at dominion:/OE/tentacle/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe$ cat recipes-graphics/xorg-lib/libxrender_0.9.6.bbappend
BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
koen at dominion:/OE/tentacle/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe$

Bitbake-layers tells me:

INFO: libxrender_0.9.6.bb:
INFO:   /OE/tentacle/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-graphics/xorg-lib/libxrender_0.9.6.bbappend

So the append is getting picked up, but bitbake gives me:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libxrender-native'
NOTE: Runtime target 'libnss-mdns' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['libnss-mdns', 'avahi', 'gtk+', 'gtk+-native', 'libxrender-native']

This is with HEAD of bitbake master.

regards,

Koen