[OE-core] [RFC] Request for your comment on package report system

Mei, Lei lei.mei at intel.com
Thu Apr 21 04:31:47 UTC 2011

Hi all,
	This is a description for package report system, please help to review and give your comments on this system. Thanks a lot!

The system link is below:
http://packages.yoctoproject.org/

Yocto package report system is a tool/website which could help people to check the latest package information and track the latest/history version information. Below is description of its functionalities.

1) List all packages information
	It will list all packages latest information like version, upstream version, license, maintainer and so on.

2) Support sort
	We can sort packages by their name, license, maintainer and so on.

3) Support search package.
	We can search package by its name, version, license, section, revision or priority.

4) Track the upstream version change and send notification to mail list.
	The report system will track the package upstream version change and remind maintainers to upgrade them by send mail to mail list weekly.
	It also lists all need to upgrade packages name on the webpage for easy review.
	However, there are certain recipes which need manual upstream version check(currently the total number is about 60), their name also will be listed on the webpage. We need to manual check these recipes periodically and change their status in distro_tracking_fields.inc.

5) Generate report
	We can get a report of all packages detail information in a csv spreadsheet

6) Generate bar chart of upgrade history and manual check history
	We can check the history informaiton through those bar chart, so we can see the number of need to upgrade recipes or need to manual check recipes more clearly during upgrade work.

7) History database access
	We can access history database by their date so that we can track the upgrade or manual check history data.

Now we want to do some enhancement for this system in 1.0.1 plan, so do you have any comment or thought?
Any feedback is welcome :)

---
Mei, Lei
Email: lei.mei at intel.com