[OE-core] [RFC] Working toward a GNOME layer

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Thu Apr 21 14:02:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

Now that I finally have an image that boots into an E17 gui I can focus on making an image that boots into a GNOME desktop. The gnome bits are current scattered over different layers:

oe-core
meta-demoapps
meta-oe
meta-shr

and possibly more. I would like to create a meta-gnome layer in the meta-openembedded repository where new recipes get added and things from meta-demoapps can get moved over into. Long term recipes-gnome in oe-core should move there as well.

What are your thoughts on this?

regards,

Koen