[OE-core] [RFC] meta-handheld

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 21 16:04:37 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've discussed the possibility with a few people on IRC of creating a meta-
handheld layer for support of older handheld devices - this would include
Zaurus, iPAQ, SimPad, etc; possibly even EZX phones if they aren't in a layer
of their own. These machines share a fair amount of commonality and I don't
think that they will all survive if each one has to be put into a BSP of its
own. Response so far seems to be positive but I'd like to hear thoughts from
others on this.

I have access to many of these devices, and this is something I am prepared to
maintain on my own time, although I would appreciate help from others. I have
the basis of a layer from what was left in oe-core and meta-extras but quite a
lot of it would need to be brought over from OE.

If people agree that this is a good idea, the next question would be where to
host it - is this something that could be within the meta-oe repository?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre (UK)