[OE-core] [poky] RFC: design of network based PR service

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:22:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 03:08:03PM +0800, Lu, Lianhao wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Here is the design of network based PR service, please help to review and
> give you comment. Thanks a lot!

Hi,

looks good, just wondering if we can use the same mechanism for
LOCALCOUNT numbers in SRCPV, we can even use same table if we prefix
first column ie LOCALCOUNT_${PN} and CheckSum in 2nd column would be
actuall git hash (from SRCREV or HEAD for AUTOREV) or 2nd table with
similar structure.

But it wont work very well if one builder is using AUTOREV and another
one isn't, but that can be resolved by allowing only trusted builders
with same configuration (wrt AUTOREV) to send such tuples.

Do we have at least 2 groups of "users".
1) trusted which increments PR when hash is not found
2) public which can query PR for given hash (not sure what they should
   do if hash is not found)

Regards,