[OE-core] lib64 not getting picked up

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon Aug 1 16:23:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 11:15 -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:
> I'm trying to build a powerpc 64-bit system and for some reason everything is still in /lib instead of /lib64.
>
> I'd expect things in /lib64 based on how arch-powerpc64.inc has:
>
> BASE_LIB_tune-powerpc64 = "lib64"
>
> any ideas on what to look at for why this isn't happening?

BASE_LIB_tune-... appears only to be used by multilib.conf.  If you're
not doing a multilib build then it doesn't seem as though that variable
will have any useful effect.

>From a quick perusal of the conf files it looks as though setting

baselib = "lib64"

might be the appropriate thing to do if you really want to use /lib64
even though your architecture is natively 64-bit.

If you _are_ using multilib then I guess you would need to instrument
that class a bit to see why it isn't doing the right thing.

p.