[OE-core] Commits to master in my absence

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:59:58 UTC 2011

On (01/08/11 14:45), Richard Purdie wrote:
> I'm a little frustrated to see what happened when I was away from a
> couple of days. I thought we'd agreed we'd queue up patches in a branch
> and then I'd take care of things when I got back.
>
> I appreciate a serious bug was then found and a fix was committed
> against what I thought was agreed. This then opened the gates and more
> patches were merged with decreasing severity and in the end something
> got added which is just plain broken :(.
>
> The problematic patch is:
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core/commit/?id=e23f9ce928353c9da2b9c4bfa9a1a125a7d160f2
>
> and I've commented in emails elsewhere against the various attempts to
> further "fix" this.
>
> I *really* need people to step up and start thinking about quality and
> the long term impact of changes rather than just X fixes bug Y which I'm
> hitting right now. This is particularly true if anyone wants to step
> into the position of doing final commit merging. You *have* to take the
> time to fully understand and review the changes you're adding and
> consider the big picture.
>
> I'm really hoping that I can find people who I can share the final
> review/commit responsibility with but until people stop presenting me
> patches which I have to reject we're not going to get the point where
> they can work in that role :(.
>
> This is particularly frustrating since I've seen people push patches
> they know to be lacking in quality just because they were running low on
> time and hoped they might get away with it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard (a bit disappointed)

It was me.
since master was broken for arm (even qemuarm) after the tune overhaul
It was a mimimum workaround since many devs were complaining about it I
thought until we rework the tune overhaul this could be a survival path
and at the same time tune overhaul for arm could be worked out. I was
just thinking about making devs keep going.
But I apologize for this. Kindly revert it.

-Khem