[OE-core] erratic failure of pseudo

James Limbouris james at digitalmatter.com.au
Tue Aug 2 07:28:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've just switched to oe-core from -dev, and I'm finding that my root images are showing incorrect permissions on files, randomly. From one build to the next, different subsets of files and folders end up owned by 1000:1000, instead of root:root. They aren't strictly grouped by package - just random files, different every time.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Does anyone have any advice on how to go about debugging? It might help to look at the pseudo db, and see if the permissions are in there - can anyone tell me where it is? I find an empty pseudo folder in the work folder after do_rm_work, but it is not there if I do a bitbake -c build image-xxx.

Regards
James Limbouris