[OE-core] redundant RPATH warning?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Aug 3 15:11:14 UTC 2011

On 8/3/11 10:00 AM, Kumar Gala wrote:
> What causes warnings like the following:
>
> WARNING: QA Issue: gthumb: /work/ppce5500-poky-linux/gthumb-2.12.3-r1/packages-split/gthumb/usr/lib64/gthumb/extensions/libexport_tools.so contains probably-redundant RPATH /usr/lib64

Something passing in rpath /usr/lib64 during linking.. likely libtool....

> Is this something we should by trying to clean up?

It doesn't have to be cleaned up, but it's a really good idea to find and fix
the problems.  I believe that the standard libtool in oe-core avoids passing
rpaths of standard system prefixes.. so it's likely the gthumb Makefiles
themselves that are doing this.  (Unless of course libtool has a bug....)

--Mark