[OE-core] difference between udev recipes of meta-oe and oe-core

Ahsan, Noor Noor_Ahsan at mentor.com
Wed Aug 10 10:11:40 UTC 2011

Hello,

I was looking at the udev recipes and noticed that there is minor
difference between oe-core and meta-oe recipes. I went through logs but
could not find the reason. The difference is meta-oe recipe is creating
extra files

touch ${D}${sysconfdir}/udev/saved.uname
touch ${D}${sysconfdir}/udev/saved.cmdline
touch ${D}${sysconfdir}/udev/saved.devices
touch ${D}${sysconfdir}/udev/saved.atags

which is used in init and cache script. But oe-core is not creating such
files and cache script does not exist in oe-core udev and init script is
totally different. Secondly meta-oe udev is copying modprob rules and
touchscreen rules but oe-core udev recipe is not doing that. Can anybody
explain to me that why there is such differences. Thanks.

Regards,
Noor