[OE-core] populate_sdk: We need to ensure that the SDK sysroot reflects PACKAGE_ARCH

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Aug 10 13:48:16 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-10 07:40, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 07:34 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> On a related thought to these changes - how does this play if
>> you use multiple SDKs for different, but somewhat related, architectures?
>> I'd like to create a simple SDK (just toolchain mostly) using 'meta-toolchain'
>> for both armv5te and armv7a and install them simultaneously on the same
>> host.  My previous attempts at this fell flat as there were a number of
>> files marked as "arm" (i.e. not armv5te or arvm7a) that were common between
>> the two SDK packages, but they didn't seem to be identical.
>
> This is supposed to work but wouldn't due to the issue and the patch
> I've proposed. Whether that is the only issue I don't know.

I'll be glad to test this once you've worked it out.

> Can you remember which files we're talking about here?

Not right off - there were just a ton of directories with only arm in the
path that seemed to be architecture dependent.  I think it's all related to
TARGET_SYS vs MULTIMACH_TARGET_SYS and how/where they are used.

>> With these changes, will it be possible to support such sets of multiple
>> toolchains?  (No, ADT is not the answer - I just want the toolchains)
>
> ADT uses meta-toolchain-* so its all related.

Fair enough, I just don't want to have to use ADT just to install a toolchain.

Thanks