[OE-core] Questions about the layer structure in OpenEmbedded-Core

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:17:52 UTC 2011

Hi,
lately I looked a bit into the structure of OE-Core and found pages
like: http://www.yoctoproject.org/projects/openembedded-core, and
http://openembedded.org/index.php/LayerIndex

1. question: Are these informations reliable (the layer index page
seems outdated). From the information I found, this graphic was
created as conclusion:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/openembeddedlayers.png/

2.: Currently the "UI layer" seems to be contained in
meta-openembedded, so is this _the_ layer for UI and windowmanager
recipes or is this a subject to change?

3.: The commercial layer is nowhere found, what are the plans for this
layer, or was this just an idea?

4.: In which layer would distributions fit in the graphic?

5.: Is something important missing / wrong in my graphic (other than
the distro stuff)?

Regards
Samuel