[OE-core] Machine specific sysroot issue

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 15 15:49:40 UTC 2011

On Monday 15 August 2011 16:03:44 Phil Blundell wrote:
> I can't immediately think why this should be behaving differently to any
> other library (eglibc for example).  It's quite normal for those
> packages to be architecture-specific and not machine-specific.
>
> What I think is meant to happen when you change MACHINE is that
> populate_sysroot will rerun (because ${MACHINE} is factored into the
> stamp for that task) but it will use all the previously cached build
> artifacts from sstate and hence you won't end up having to rebuild
> everything.  It sounds as if that isn't happening in this case for some
> reason, though I can't immediately think what libopie2 might be doing to
> defeat it.
>
> Is it just include.pro that goes wrong, or does the whole of libopie2 go
> missing from the sysroot when you change MACHINE?

Actually it's just include.pro - everything else gets copied to the sysroot
for the new machine just fine.

I've sort of figured this out. include.pro is getting installed to the sysroot
and not ${D} in do_install (and it's the only file handled this way). I'm
guessing that because of this it never gets picked up by sstate.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton