[OE-core] fontconfig-2.8.0/fix_pkgconfig.patch

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon Aug 15 16:48:55 UTC 2011

Does anybody know where this patch came from or what it is supposed to
be achieving?  As far as I have been able to tell with some limited git
archaeology, it seems to have originated from Poky in the
fontconfig-2.6.0 sort of timeframe but that's about all I have been able
to find out.

The actual content of the patch is:

-Libs.private: @LIBXML2_LIBS@ @EXPAT_LIBS@ @FREETYPE_LIBS@ @ICONV_LIBS@
+Libs.private: @LIBXML2_LIBS@ @EXPAT_LIBS@ -L{libdir} -lfreetype @ICONV_LIBS@

... which, as far as I can tell, is just completely bogus.  The added
"-L{libdir}" is causing cmake to blow up if it tries to inspect the
private libs for fontconfig to anything that depends on it: it's
arguably a bug in cmake that it can't tolerate {} there, but it seems
fairly clear that this patch in its current form can't be producing any
useful effect.

p.