[OE-core] [RFC] Performance Issue: Build time increases

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 16 10:59:50 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 16 August 2011 11:37:24 Robert Yang wrote:
> I'm sorry to say that I have tried it, but I don't know its principle,
> and it made my git repo have too many untracked or modified files.

Is this when you specified a list of revisions to be applied to the repository
prior to building? If so, I'm wondering if the script needs to do these in a
different way - perhaps using a branch?

I'd like to know how you ran the script when you tried it. If you have any
questions I'm happy to answer them, and I'd also be happy to spend some more
time improving the scripts. Personally I think it would be useful to do this
rather than using manual methods that are difficult to reproduce. The major
benefit of the scripts is that you can start a bisect operation and "walk
away", rather than having to monitor it constantly.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton