[OE-core] Problems with generating and installing localepackages of eglibc/glibc

Hauser, Wolfgang (external) Wolfgang.Hauser.external at cassidian.com
Wed Aug 17 09:50:14 UTC 2011

>> Our questions now:
>>
>> What was the intention of the changes in the function
>> "output_locale_binary_rdepends"?
>> Is there a problem using the old function for our local installation
?
>> What language definition patterns (in GLIBC_GENERATE_LOCALES) should
be
>> covered by the new function ?
>> Is this a bug ?

>That looks like the same bug as described in
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2011-August/00740
7.html

>Nitin said he'd look into it after getting back from vacation:

This is right, this is the solution I would suggest too, I changed it in
my environment and it works for me.

But there is the questionable rprovides handling in
"output_locale_binary_rdepends" of libc-packages.bbclass in oe-core and
oe.dev
which have to be examined too.

Thanks for pointing me to that solution.

Regards
Wolfgang Hauser