[OE-core] Wiki seems dead. is openembedded wiki still active?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 23 21:50:13 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 23 August 2011 22:20:55 Klausfpga wrote:
> What I wanted to know was what to checkout best:
>  origin/master/  might not be a good idea, at least last time I tried
> this I often fell into inconsistent  releases

If you mean the "openembedded" repository, there is the 2011.03-maintenance
branch; however this is not the basis for future development. With the Yocto
Project release coming up soon, OE-core should be fairly stable (or at least
heading that way).

> Well with minimalist I meant kernel + base file system + busybox +
> package management

Busybox is used by default and the rest is of course mandatory. I'm not
entirely sure we have an image in OE-core that is just console with package
management though; we really ought to sort that out if that's the case. Even
so this is trivial to add, you just need "package-management" in the
IMAGE_FEATURES for your image.

> What I meant here is: Can pypy or somethign else be used in order to
> accelerate the execution of BitBake.

Not sure; I'm under the impression that Psyco made only a very small difference
however. Most of the time taken running BitBake is in the tasks it runs (and
the order it runs them); no generic Python tool is going to be able to improve
that.

Cheers,
Paul

[1] http://www.yoctoproject.org