[OE-core] Recent Changes to DevShell

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 24 18:30:59 UTC 2011

Chris,

In your recent changes to devshell, you seem to have broken the default
behavior of setting  TERMCMD / TERMCMDRUN.

When I set them up for scree as follows:

TERMCMD = "${SCREEN_TERMCMD}"
TERMCMDRUN = "${SCREEN_TERMCMDRUN}"

I get a DEBUG message claing to be starting konsole, not screen, also
there seems to be a problem with the environment being passed as the
arg3 is related to env:

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/vol/1/sgw/autobuilder/yab/yocto-slave/oe-core/build/build/tmp/work/armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi/lttng-ust-0.15-r2/temp/log.do_devshell.31726
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal "konsole"
| ERROR: Error executing a python function in
/vol/1/sgw/autobuilder/yab/yocto-slave/oe-core/build/meta/recipes-kernel/lttng/lttng-ust_0.15.bb:
| TypeError: execve() arg 3 contains a non-string value
|
| ERROR: The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this
exception/failure was:
| ERROR:   File "do_devshell", line 6, in <module>

Did you check that this worked correctly with screen?

Thanks
     Sau!

Saul Wold
Yocto Component Wrangler @ Intel