[OE-core] Use of multiple GIT repositories in SRCREV but updating PV

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Aug 28 07:41:10 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 09:18 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 18:40, Richard Purdie
> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 18:06 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> >> We have two recipes that use a common static library and every time we
> >> change something on this library we need to bump PR of those recipes.
> >> We want to avoid that specially for daily builds that will  be using
> >> GIT AUTOREV support.
> >>
> >> For it to work, we need to have a way to put two SRCREV in PV and then
> >> it will be rebuit every time the library changes.
> >>
> >> Any clue how to do that?
> >
> > Set the PV as usual in the recipe:
> >
> > PV = "0.0+gitr${SRCPV}"
> >
> > and then set:
> >
> > SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"
> >
> > ?
>
> As spoted by Chris we have multiple repositories and we want that
> either change to raise a build of the recipe.

See linux-yocto as an example. You need to name the two git uris:

SRC_URI = "\
git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-a;protocol=git;name=machine \
git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-b;protocol=git;name=meta \
"

set a format string to determine how the revisions should be placed in
SRCPV:

SRCREV_FORMAT = "meta_machine"

specify PV:

PV = "0.0+gitr${SRCPV}"