[OE-core] [RFC oe-core] mkcard: Add a script to parition and format an SD Card

Graeme Gregory gg at slimlogic.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 10:38:21 UTC 2011

On 30/08/2011 11:34, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Op 30 aug. 2011, om 11:36 heeft Graeme Gregory het volgende geschreven:

>>> I have heard multiple requests for making general SD card (or USB stick)
>>> style images so I would love to see something generic. The script as it
>>> stands looks like it has some issues due to requiring root access
>>> (and/or special mounts).
>>>
>> As the author again, its totally unsuitable and was never designed for
>> doing that.
> To clarify, it deals only with the slightly weird formatting needed by the OMAP3/4 boot ROM to get the bootloader from FAT and not with generic sd card images.

I actually meant the script is unsuitable for use within bitbake. The
format is actually very generic. An aweful lot of embedded systems
require MSDOS compatible partition tables which is basically what the
script creates. parted sucks as it doesnt have a simple way to say make
this msdos compatible.

Graeme