[OE-core] linux-yocto: consolidated pull request

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Dec 1 00:36:46 UTC 2011

Richard/Saul,

FYI: I can't get git-send email to work over the hotel wifi, so
I can't chain the patches to this email. If you want me to send
the patches separately, let me know. But for now, this is the
best I can do.

This pull request represents a collection of changes that were
part of yocto M1 work, and that set the stage for more updates
that will follow in the not too distant future.

I've bumped the 3.0 kernel to the 3.0.10 baseline (3.0.11 is
out, but not in this merge request) and updated our -rt patches
to the latest upstream -rt series.

This also drops the 2.6.34 recipe and leaves it to be supported
in previous releases. If there's somewhere else I should be
putting it, let me know and I'll put it there.

The kernel revision updates have been built and boot tested by
Tom and myself. And we have't seen any problems.

Also included in this are some changes to kernel tools that
prepare to move the kernel tools into the kernel tree itself.
They also move us to doing configuration auditing using the
merge_config script that Darren and John Stultz have been
working on.

And finally there's a small tweak to install the kernel tools
via Makefile in the package itself, something that I recall
Richard mentioning to me over 2 years ago a meeting .. so I thought
I'd finally get to it.

Cheers,

Brucedvhart at linux.intel.com

cc: Tom Zanussi <tom.zanussi at intel.com>
cc: Darren Hart <dvhart at linux.intel.com>

The following changes since commit d7cd934376ae1edaf7055ec635eb3c85fdbf58b3:

   squashfs-tools: fix PR, those should start with 'r' (2011-11-30
23:37:44 +0000)

are available in the git repository at:
   git://git.pokylinux.org/poky-contrib zedd/kernel
   http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=zedd/kernel

Bruce Ashfield (7):
   kern-tools: add pre_config and merge_config.sh to the list of tools
   kernel-yocto: support allnoconfig base configuration
   linux-yocto: remove 2.6.34 recipes
   linux-yocto: v3.0.9 + enhancements
   linux-yocto: v3.0.10 + rt27
   linux-yocto: prefer in-tree tools to external ones
   kern-tools: use Makefile provided install rules

  meta/classes/kernel-yocto.bbclass                  |   24 +++++++++-
  .../kern-tools/kern-tools-native_git.bb            |   15 ++----
  meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_2.6.34.bb |   38 ---------------
  meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_3.0.bb    |    8 ++--
  meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_2.6.34.bb    |   49
  meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.0.bb       |   18 ++++----
  delete mode 100644 meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_2.6.34.bb
  delete mode 100644 meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_2.6.34.bb