[OE-core] Reproducible build problem with BB_NUMBER_THREADS=8

Ulf Samuelsson openembedded-core at emagii.com
Thu Dec 1 15:59:42 UTC 2011

2011-12-01 15:12, Cliff Brake skrev:
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Richard Purdie
> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org>  wrote:
>
>> When you restart the build is the problem persistent or does it work the
>> second time?
> I set BB_NUMBER_THREADS  = "2" (was 4 when failing)
>
> I tried to restart the build and cleanall just the failing package,
> and it still failed.  I then ran:
>
> bitbake -c cleanall gcc-cross gcc-cross-initial gcc-cross-intermediate
> gcc-runtime
>
> and after that, everything worked.
>
>> Does someone have a complete console log for a build that failed with
>> this they could share?
> I'll restart the build and collect one.  So you just want the output
> of the console for bitbake?
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

Here is my buildlog, creating the failure.
The C++ compiler cannot find "string", even though it is in
"<sysroot>/usr/include/c++"

BB_NUMBER_THREADS  = "24"
PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j24"

Fun to see bitbake run through the first 1000 tasks of "console-image"
in ~2 minutes.
Pity it slows down...

--
Best Regards