[OE-core] meta-toolchain-gmae can't build: Cannot create symlink from ./var/log to 'volatile/log': File exists

Cui, Dexuan dexuan.cui at intel.com
Mon Dec 5 07:35:44 UTC 2011

Hi, recently, I found meta-toolchain-gmae failed to build on poky master if I use ipk packaging(I didn't try rpm/deb):

task do_populate_sdk: Failed

| Configuring avahi-dev.
| Configuring task-core-standalone-gmae-sdk-target.
| Configuring libtelepathy-dbg.
| Configuring task-core-standalone-gmae-sdk-target-dbg.
| Configuring util-linux-blkid.
| Collected errors:
|  * extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./var/log to 'volatile/log': File exists.
ERROR: Function 'do_populate_sdk' failed

Now I have no time to look into this issue at once. It would be great, if somebody can give some quick hint.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan