[OE-core] do_populate_lic_setscene when building LSB on edison

McClintock Matthew-B29882 B29882 at freescale.com
Tue Dec 6 02:08:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-12-04 at 18:44 +0000, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
>> Can anyone comment if this issue has been resolved on master? It's
>> very random which package it occurs on, it only seems to happen when
>> building the LSB target, and it also appears to happen on my CentOS 5
>> box and not my Ubuntu box (at least less often)... sometimes it
>> happens only on one package in a build, sometimes it's 5-10
>> packages...
>>
>> ERROR: Task 3209
>> (/opt/yocto/cache-test/p2041rdb/meta/recipes-graphics/freetype/freetype_2.4.6.bb,
>> do_populate_lic_setscene) failed with exit code '1'
>
> What do the logfiles in the workdir/temp directories say for these
> tasks?

This is my own doing.

Basically what is going on is I switched sstate-cache to use xz
instead of gzip. Well what happens is when I come along and install
xz-native, then stuff starts failing because we are running xz from
sysroot instead of host and briefly all the librarys for xz are not in
place so it fails with:

xz: error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.5: cannot open

Is this a situation where it's just to just install this package
beforehand like we do for tar and pseudo?

-M