[OE-core] [RFC] Move package-split of kexec-tools (kdump/kexec) into oe-core?

Leon Woestenberg sidebranch.openembedded at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:46:22 UTC 2011

Hello all,

meta-openembedded uses .bbappend to change the package-split-up of
"kexec-tools" (as in openembedded-core) into "kexec" and "kdump" packages
(this was classic OE behaviour).

http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/meta-oe/recipes-kernel/kexec/kexec-tools_2.0.2.bbappend?id=0c6d03335c117d24096598a3415ba22f74ec4f6e

However, in openembedded-core we have a dependency on kexec-tools, thus
this error results:

|  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies
for task-core-tools-testapps:
|  *     kexec-tools *
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package task-core-tools-testapps.

So the use of meta-openembedded as a layer breaks openembedded-core.

As a solution, can we move this package-split into openembedded-core?

Other (neat!) solutions at hand? Maybe a meta-package?

Regards,

Leon.

thanks 'ant_work' for the pointer to bbappend.