[OE-core] Possible stale tags in the download directory

Ulf Samuelsson openembedded-core at emagii.com
Wed Dec 7 08:27:12 UTC 2011

When I look at the "downloads" location I find a lot of files called.

"11_usagi_fix.patch.done"

but no  "11_usagi_fix.patch" file in the directory.

If this is a indication of that a patch has been downloaded,
what happens if you for some reason or other delete your
OE-core directory and keep the downloads directory.

When you start from fresh, all the tags are then stale.

(Deleting the "downloads" directory seems a bad idea)

I think that if there should be tags in the "downloads" directory,
they should only reflect things which are downloaded to the
"downloads" directory, and nothing else.

As for the tags in the directory, I think a better approach
is to download a file "tarball.tar.bz2" to a different filename first
I.E: "tarball.tar.bz2.in-progress"  and if the download completes
then move the file to "tarball.tar.bz2".
Should remove a lot of clutter from the "downloads" directory.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson