[OE-core] connman-gnome_0.5.bb fails: connman-gnome.git is empty

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Dec 7 16:43:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 16:36 +0100, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> On 2011-12-07 15:36, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/connman/connman-gnome.git;protocol=git
> >
> >     is empty.    The repo exists, but no content.
> >
> > Building "connman-gnome_0.5.bb" thus fails.
> > Needed by "core-image-sato"
> >
> > There is a "connman-gnome-m" project on gitorious.
> > This seems to be based on the above source package.
> >
> > Will try it out, but if anyone already tried this?
> >
> > Any other recommended sources for connman-gnome?
> >
> Found:
> http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/pub/sources/git2_git.kernel.org.pub.scm.network.connman.connman-gnome.git.tar.gz
>
> in an old email to the list from Richard Purdie (before I started
> subscribing).
>
> so I think I am going to download this and set up a git on github so the
> build does
> not require a manual download.

This is a real source of frustration to me. The TSC voted against having
any mirror sources in its out the box configuration for OE-Core itself.
If you use angstrom or Poky you wouldn't see this since they configure
source mirrors out the box.

I stated at the time I thought this was crazy and making life
unnecessarily hard for users. I was outvoted. I still think having more
default mirrors in OE-Core might be a good idea but its going to take
representation to the TSC to change that.