[OE-core] eglibc testing?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:25:56 UTC 2011

Phil Blundell <pb at ...> writes:

> I just ran "make check" under qemu on my eglibc-2.13 build (from oe-core
> master) and got rather a lot of failures.  It wasn't immediately obvious
> to me whether these were libc bugs, qemu infelicities, oe-related
> harness problems, or some kind of local finger trouble.
>
> Before I spend too much time investigating this, are other people seeing
> the same effect?  What approach do the Yocto folks use for glibc
> testing: are they running the testsuite directly on target hardware, or
> via qemu, or something else?
>
> The gcc testsuite is next on my list to look at and, again, I'd be
> interested to hear what approach other folks are using there and what
> sort of results they are currently getting.

Hi Phil

I have finally found some time to cobble up howto cross test eglibc
on top of oe-core
I have tried to document it here
http://sakrah.homelinux.org/blog/2011/12/cross-testing-eglibc-regression-
testsuite-using-openembedded-coreqemu/

Right now I see around 34 failures on arm out of 1100 odd tests it ran
Let me know if you have any feedback on it.

I will also post the cross gcc testing howto sometimes soon