[OE-core] Dependency resolving ignores changed sstate-cache?

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:30:34 UTC 2011

Hi,
it seems that I accidentally deleted fbset from my
.../tmp-eglibc/work/... dir while cleaning out old builds for another
recipe.
For some reason I had a r0 directory from the past of the recipe which
is now r1.
So I deleted it manually and fbset too, but I didn't notice.

Thereafter I built an image that has been already built before,
but it had some IMAGE_INSTALL changes.
Everything was alright until opkg encountered the following error:
| Collected errors:
|  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following
dependencies for qt4-x11-free:
|  *    fbset *
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package qt4-x11-free.

Of course it could not find fbset, as it was deleted previously,
so I did a "bitbake -ccleansstate fbset" but the error still occurred.

This leads me to the conclusion, that the sstate-cache change was not
noticed by bitbake?
Or is there higher cache instance file that makes bitbake believe that
fbset was built?

After I built fbset with bitbake manually everything went back to normal,
so there is no problem just confusion :)

For the reason of understanding it, is there any recent documentation
about the dependency caching of bitbake?

--
Regards
Samuel