[OE-core] require *.bbappend

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmx.de
Sat Dec 17 01:58:09 UTC 2011

Hi

I have the following use case:

In my working layer I would like to have a recipe adding functionality to a
recipe from another layer (e.g systemd-image.bb from angstrom) with a different
name ( -> no bbappend ). How about

* create systemd-image.bbapend with just 'FILESEXTRAPATHS := "${THISDIR}"' to
get it into the scope of my layer
* create a recipe  which contains 'require systemd-image.bbappend'

Currently parser complains that systemd-image.bbappend is not a BitBake file.

Would a modification be possible or is there another way to solve?

Andreas